Thursday 26 August 2010

Thing 23

The last post....the finish date is tomorrow and next week I am off to Vienna for a dancing 'celebration'.
I have started to use some of the Things....iGoogle - I find it hard to imagine life before iGoogle. We have set up a library blog and twitter account; are using LibraryThing and I have used some photos from Flickr for my first marketing display. I used Doodle once and found it useful - I will use it again when necessary. I haven;t gone back to Linkedin, Zotero, Googledocs, podcasts and wikis. I may go back to them later as and when I need them but at the very least I feel that I am familiar enough with them to know if they will be useful. I also feel that the 23 Things has enabled me to feel more comfortable with the technology and the jargon that is used in Web 2.0. Before 23 Things I was aware that there were a lot of Web 2.0 things that I should be looking at but apart from personal recommendations, I didn;t know really where to start. 23 Things has enabled me to 'dip my toe in the water'. I have also been able to commence some things for the library this summer - all of which helps with marketing my library to both users and the college as a whole. Thank you for running this for us - it has been very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment