Tuesday 31 August 2010

Thing 12


ah, Thing 12 was missing.....I must have not saved the blog correctly. It has actually been useful reading the information on delicious and re-thinking abut it. I went through this Thing fairly quickly and dismissed it as one of the 'nice idea, but no time to implement' Things. I liked the examples and noted that one of the first things to think about with tags is what case you put them in - I quite like the Philosophy library's lower case tags. Delicious seems more useful to a departmental library rather than a college one - the departments can inform their students about subject specific articles wheras a college library would find it hard to get down to such fine detail for every subject. I like the effect of Delicious, and can see that it will be of interest to students, but, in a busy library, I still don't think that I can afford the extra time to set up something that I can see only a few students taking up. I think that my limited time might be better spent on other tasks. It has still been useful to find out what Web 2.0 facilities other Cambridge libraries are making use of.
So a last photo - to signify my first steps into Web 2.0 for my library; and looking forwad to further explorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment