Thursday 19 August 2010

Thing 18

I loaded Zotero and started to investigate it. It seems useful but not too user friendly. I have srarted to sue it for my dancing emails/video clips/YouTube/ etc. I managed to load them and then started to fit them into different files - it might have been easier if I set the files up first. I can see that this will be of use in creating a 'catalogue' of items, but I can also see that when these things were in folders in my email I dealt with them.....I will have to be careful to deal with the items in Zotero and not leave them to linger. I have not written a guide to using Zotero: there is a good one already written by the university computing service that I can use. I am not sure if I will continue to use Zotero myself in the long run - or whether it will become just one of the useful things that I can tell my students about.

No comments:

Post a Comment