Thursday 19 August 2010

Thing 19

I looked at Thing 19 along with my colleage (see my blog for Thing 7). I have started to put our Light Reading collection in the library online using LibraryThing (we will go live later on). This week I have helped to co-write a blog for my library. Homerton has a good website and I talked to the librarians there. They used WordPress so we looked at that. WordPress seems to be a little more easy to use than Eblogger - Eblogger was great for starting out, but it seems that you can do more with WordPress, and it also seems simple to do (so far...). I have spoken to a few people at college and we will go live soon. We have also just started a Twitter account to work in conjunction with the blog. At the moment I have set up the blog so that I can moderate all comments. I am looking forward to the launch to start promoting my library and also to promote the facilities we offer.

2 comments:

  1. What name are you using for your library twitter account? I set up an institutional list here @SuzanGriffiths/cambridge-libraries

    ReplyDelete